Rough Cut Engineering | Custom Wood Furniture & Cabinetry
Rough-Cut Engineering (RCE) builds custom, wooden furniture and cabinetry to your exact specifications. Our work is truly custom and made to last a lifetime. We can build your design or work with you to turn your ideas into building plans. We can work with any budget and will provide input in every step of the design to ensure you get the highest quality product for your money. Whether you want to give your existing woodwork a makeover, or build something new and unique, we have the experience and expertise to make your vision a reality.
As custom builders, it is essential that we involve the customer in the design process. We come from a science and engineering background and have experience designing complex mechanical systems. We employ state of the art software in the design process and provide you with high quality building plans when you are designing your furniture. When you work with us, we make sure you know exactly what you are getting.
With shop locations in the Wilkes-Barre area and the Endless Mountains region of Pennsylvania, we are well suited to serve Northeast PA and the Southern Tier of New York. As a small business, our service range depends on our work load and changes throughout the year. If your project requires us to travel to your location, please check with us for availability; we may be able to extend our serving radius.
- We build furniture of any style for any room of the house. Whether you prefer a modern or antique look, or have something unique in mind, we can build it to your standards.
- Cabinet refacing and custom cabinets for any kitchen configuration. Provide us with your design or consult us and we will build a kitchen that works for you. We also work with bars and restaurants.
- Anything we build with traditional wood can be built with barnwood for a more rustic look. We source our antique lumber from 150 year old barns in the Endless Mountains region of Pennsylvania.
- For customers in our travel area, we can add beautiful, permanent fixtures to your home such as staircases, kitchen islands, or decorative storage spaces.
- Custom Wooden Creations' hand-painted artwork can be applied to most of our work and adds a personalized touch to smaller pieces.
Please contact us to discuss your ideas and we will be happy to provide an estimate and scheduling.